Welcome to the Graduate Programs page for the Department of Life Sciences (LS). The graduate programs in LS established in 1994, At that time there was only a master's degree. The doctoral program was established in 2008.
We have devoted most of our time and effort into the following fields of research: (1) environmental biology, with a focus on adaptation to environmental stress and bio-remediation or bio-degradation; (2) Biomedicine, with a focus on gene expression and regulation as well as signal transduction and neurodegenerative diseases. Our results have garnered wide acclaim and are evident in both our grants and publications.
The department has signed contracts with the National Institutes of Health, the Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, and the Institute of Plant and Microbiology, Academia Sinica to jointly supervise master's /doctoral students (Including foreign students).
In the fall of 2021, there will be a total of 95 graduate students in the Department of Life Sciences, of which 33 are foreign students, including 20 doctoral students and 13 master students. They come from Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Mongolia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other countries.
In addition, the department has currently cooperated with two universities in Indonesia (Universitas Brawijaya, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember) and two universities in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City University of Science, Can Tho University) and signed a double contract. There are already two Indonesian Universitas Brawijaya students. (Restu Nugraha and Bagus Priambodo) Obtained a master's degree in this department through this double cooperation contract
Since the beginning of the recruitment of foreign graduate students, there are currently 31 graduates with master's degree and 6 graduates with doctoral degree.
With a solid background in the basics and the latest science and technology knowledge, LS graduates are employed with the nation’s and/or world’s top high-tech companies, colleges and research universities, and entrepreneurial small businesses.
The statistics of the number of international students in this department from 2014 to 2021 are as follows
The content of the degree contract is as follows
- National Institutes of Health
- The Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica
- the Institute of Plant and Microbiology, Academia Sinica
The contents of the Dual Degree Program
- Universitas Brawijaya, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (referred to as “ITS”)
- Department of Biology, Department of Medical Doctor ,Department of Plant Pest and Disease, Department of Agronomy, University of Brawijaya (referred to as “UB”)
The contents of the MS degree program as 3+2 model
- Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Can Tho University (CTU)
- Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Technology, Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry (TUAF)
- Faculty of Biology-Biotechnology, University of Science (member of Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City) (VNU-HCMUS)
Please contact the website of the International Office of NCU for the enrollment schedule and the contents.